1. Adult's Open: $150
2. All other Adult divisions: $80
3. Juniors: $100
1. Registration is not confirmed until payment is made. You will be dropped out if payment is not made by registration deadline.
Deadline is Thursday at 3 pm for Adults Open Level and Friday at 12pm (noon) for all other divisions (Juniors, Adults BB-AA).
2. Refunds are only available up until your registration deadline. Friday at 12pm noon (Thursday 3pm adults open). If you need to cancel/refund you must email us: director@SSOVA.com. All other forms of communication are not accepted.
3. Incorrect points must be corrected the Wednesday prior to the event.
4. All adult players require an active Silver AVP membership. $25/player. All memberships are valid for 365 days from date of purchase. Membership fees will be used to fund $70,000+ Grand Prix for sand, grass & juniors, National Ranking System, National Championships and insurance coverage.
5. Juniors divisions must have an active AVP America membership. USAV membership is encouraged but not required. This will allow juniors to receive bids for both AVP & USAV for most SSOVA events. USAV also requires all staff be background checked and Safe Sport Certified. We can only award bids if EVERYONE in your division has the memberships.
6. Junior Bid requirements AVP: 5 team minimum 1st & 2nd get bids in the OPEN division and Gold brackets. USAV: 3 team minimum with 1st, 2nd & 3rd receiving bids in Open division and Gold brackets.
Check In/Late Policy:
1. Open check in is Saturday 7:30am-8:00am with play starting at 8:30am. One day event excluding Big Money Tour events.
(Big Money events are 2 days)
2. Juniors check in Sunday from 7:30am-8:00am with play starting at 8:30am.
3. All other Women's & Men's divisions check in Saturday 8:00am-8:30am with play starting at 9am.
4. Coed check in Sunday 8:00am-8:30am with play starting at 9:00am.
5. If you are running late please call during your check in window(727-380-1168). If you have not contacted us by at least 15 minutes before start of first games you will be dropped from the tournament.You will not be refunded. If you are late you are subject to point penalties: For your first game you will lose 1 point per minute late. After initial games after the ref has called for the game to start the same penalties will go into effect: 1 point loss per minute. It is the refs responsibility to enforce penalties.
6. Please check ranking and your teams points for accuracy the day before the event when pools are posted on SSOVA.Bracketpal.com. Once the tournament has started everything is locked in and there will be no changes. Changes must be submitted by 5pm on Friday.
7. Bring your reusable water bottle. SSOVA provides clean filtered water to cut down on plastic waste and ensure hydration.
Ball & Tournament Play:
1. We follow the FIVB rules for ball play. Except the new net rule. If you touch the net you loose the point.
3. We have a house rule that you are allowed one dropped serve.
4.Teams will generally be given a ten minute warm-up session. Other warm-up time frames may be instituted as necessary. If a team is not ready after 10 minutes point deductions will start for that team at 1 point per minute up until 21 minutes has passed, then it is considered a forfeit.
5. Tournament Directors have the full right to change the event or play during the event.
6. Players are responsible for reporting their scores into bracketpal after each match in pool play & playoffs. Make sure you have a bracketpal account under the same email you signed up with.
7. If you lose in playoffs you must stay and ref the next playoff game.
8. All Juniors make it out of pool play into playoffs.
SAND BAGGING RULES:
If you have played Open you have to play at least AA level. An Open player is not allowed in A or lower.
Tournament directors have the right to move you based on your skill level & past history.
Injuries do not mean you can play at a lower.
Anything outside of these rules must be approved by the director.
Open Prizes Men's & Women's:
-$100 in the pot per team.
- 1st 50%, 2nd 30%, 3rd(2) 20% spilt. Plus swag.
-Example: 10 teams= $1,000 in the pot. $500 1st, 2nd $300, 3rd $100 (x2)
-Example: 15 teams= $1,500 in the pot. $750 1st, 2nd $450, 3rd $150 (x2)
-Example: 20 teams= $2,000 in the pot. $1,000 1st, 2nd $600, 3rd $200 (x2)
-Example: 25 teams= $2,500 in the pot. $1,250 1st, 2nd $750, 3rd $250 (x2)
-Example: 30 teams= $3,000 in the pot. $1,500 1st, 2nd $900, 3rd $300 (x2)
We now have dedicated Staff for Open Players!
This way we ensure the event is running smoothly and you are taken care of.
AAA/AA: 1st place: Medals & Optx balls (& adults divisions 20+)
2nd place: Medals & SSOVA or AVP Swag (apparel)
A-B & Juniors: 1st/2nd place: Medals & SSOVA or AVP Swag (apparel)